REGISTER BY APRIL 15 TO BE ENTERED INTO PRIZE RAFFLE
Our fall recreational soccer program is designed for girls and boys with birth years 2001 through 2015.
San Ramon FC’s mission is to develop players, character, and community through soccer.
Players can have fun and make friends through the game of soccer while developing healthy habits, self-esteem, confidence, and respect.
Our program offers players a chance to enjoy a team sport while learning soccer skills like dribbling, passing, and shooting under the guidance of a volunteer coach.
- U5-U6 age groups (birth years 2014-2015): $225 and no volunteer deposit required (no early bird pricing available)
- U5-U6 REGISTRATION: Click here to begin U5-U6 Registration
- Register by April 15 to be entered into Recreational Registration Prize Raffle
- NOTE: This year we will begin using SPORTSENGINE for our registration
- July 31 deadline to register for U5-U6 (birth years 2014-2015)
- U7-U19 age groups (birth years 2001-2013): $375 + $150 refundable volunteer deposit (collected once per family)
- Early bird pricing until April 15: $325 + $150 refundable volunteer deposit (collected once per family)
- Beginning April 16, price increases to $375 + $150 refundable volunteer deposit (collected once per family)
- U7 - U19 REGISTRATION: Click here to begin U7-U19 Registration
- Register by April 15 to be entered into Recreational Registration Prize Raffle.
- NOTE: This year we will begin using SPORTSENGINE for our registration
- June 30 deadline to register for U7-U19 age groups (birth years 2001-2013)
ELIGIBLE AGE GROUPS:
- U5 - U6 Program - Players born in 2014 and 2015
- U7 - U19 Program - Players born in 2001 through 2013
Note: In 2016, we implemented changes in how we form age groups. Please view our birth year registration chart.
Generally, U5-U6 age groups begin in either late August or early September and end in early November.
Generally, U7-U19 age group practices begin in mid-August and the last game of the season is on the first Saturday in November.
Games can be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays in the fall.
SRFC reserves the right to schedule games on either weekend day.
Practices will be at fields or parks in San Ramon.
Game locations will vary depending on your child's age group.
Please email our office manager Dawn McQuiston.
Welcome to San Ramon FC's U5-U6 Program!
If you have any questions about information on this page, please contact Ken Rabb (click to email).
You may also call our office between the hours of 9:30 am and 1:30 pm, Monday-Friday, to speak to one of our office staff: 925-973-0535.
We hope you'll choose to make San Ramon FC your home for youth soccer.
Our club strives to offer well organized, quality programs that focus on fun and player development to help each child enjoy the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle.
Ken will be your first point of contact for this age group. This program is for boys and girls born in 2014 and 2015, typically kids who are in either Pre K (pre-k) or kindergarten.
The sport of soccer is a fun, popular activity for kids. Our program offers a fun, no pressure introduction to the sport and to team sports in general.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this program, please email Ken Rabb.
Small Fields, Big Fun
Time goes by too fast.
It seems like our little ones were just learning to crawl, doesn’t it?
As parents, we want to help our child learn, grow and have fun.
Now we’re helping them explore the world through classes, camps, preschools, and kindergarten.
We like our kids to be busy, yet in a fun-educational-sort-of-way.
Since 1973, our non-profit organization has been providing fun-yet-educational experiences for the children in our community.
The value of youth sports is not in the trophies. The value of youth sports is in learning through play.
It’s in the life lessons that are learned without even knowing it.
Lessons like teamwork, inclusiveness, and responsibility are learned while playing sports.
Those lessons, once learned, are rarely forgotten.
Our U5-U6 soccer program gives your child a fun, playful introduction to the world of youth sports.
Why? Because we designed it that way.
We put on our “kid glasses” and looked at it from the point of view of a young child.
Young players want to play with the soccer ball, plain and simple.
Our program is designed to give them plenty of touches on the ball, with 30 minutes of practice where everyone has their own ball followed by a 30-minute game.
We designed the U5-U6 schedule to fit into your family’s busy schedule.
You’ll enjoy a single, weekly “soccer appointment” that includes both a practice and a game at the same field.
The fields are small. The rosters are small, often with only 5 or 6 players per team. The goals are small.
The fun is BIG. There’s lots of action and touches on the ball.
Goal scoring is plentiful because we don’t use goalies.
We don’t track wins and losses.
We don’t even keep score unless you’re counting smiles.
And if you’re counting smiles, then everyone wins.
We combine player enjoyment and skill development through fun skills practices with soccer-style games focused on maximizing the time each player has with the ball. Players are placed on teams of up to six players and meet once per week each Saturday, for 8-10 weeks, beginning the weekend before Labor Day.
There are four separate divisions: U5 Boys, U5 Girls, U6 Boys, and U6 Girls.
The first 30 minutes of each session is a “practice” and focuses on coordination and skill development. The second half of the session consists of a small-sided 3v3 game (without goalkeepers) which consists of four 8-minute quarters. Volunteer coaches lead the players through the weekly skill sessions and games. All games are held at Coyote Crossing Park: 3495 Rosincress Drive, San Ramon CA 94582.
Coaches are selected by the Development Director from parent volunteers who express interest. Volunteering to coach offers a rewarding opportunity to work with children and build their skills and self-esteem. All coaches and assistant coaches are required to register for the club and to get fingerprinted for a background check (Get Disclosure Form**). SRFC provides support to volunteer coaches by providing coaching curriculum handouts and free coaching clinics beginning in August.
U5 and U6 recreational teams are formed in August and players are assigned to teams by the San Ramon FC staff. U5 and U6 teams are formed mostly at random selection, and every attempt is made at creating a fair, balanced and enjoyable soccer experience for all players. Coaches will notify players of their team placement in early-to-mid August.
SAN RAMON FC recreational league rules U5-U6 click here
Coyote Crossing Field Layout
Coyote Crossing Park U5-U6 Field Layout click here
Players interested in supplemental training can improve their skills by registering for San Ramon FC’s Junior Skills Academy. The Junior Skills Academy professional staff specializes in youth skill development and the program runs during three separate seasons - spring, fall and winter. In addition, summer camps, futsal leagues (indoor soccer), private training and special skills clinics are optional programs for those in search of additional training. The additional programming comes with additional costs and detailed information can be found by clicking on the Junior Skills Academy tab.
For our fall season, you can expect the following:
- Season begins in either late August or early September
- Practices and games will occur on Saturdays
- Example: Team "Hurricane" will practice at 10 am for 30 minutes and then play a fun game at 10:30 am for 30 minutes vs Team "Tidalwave." (Team "Tidalwave", the opposing team, will also have the same practice/game schedule that week.)
- Practices and games will occur at the same field on the same day
- Example: Team "Hurricane" will practice at Coyote Crossings Park on field #5 and then play a fun game for 30 minutes vs Team "Tidalwave" on field #5.
- Teams "Hurricane" and "Tidalwave" would each use 1/2 of field #5 for their practice before playing their game.
- A team's Saturday practice/game time will vary.
- Example: Team "Tidalwave" plays at 10 am on September 10, 8:00 am on September 17 and 1:00 pm on September 24.
- The time commitment would be approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes each Saturday.
- Girls teams will play against other girls teams, boys teams will play only boys teams.
- The season will end on the first weekend in November.
The above schedule format can change, based on weather conditions, field conditions or other factors.
BIRTH YEAR REGISTRATION CHART
This PDF document will help you determine which age group your child belongs to when registering for our club's programs and clinics: